MKM architecture + design Principal, Zach Benedict, speaks with innovators who discuss the current issues impacting community health.
Lutheran Health Network has partnered with MKM architecture + design (MKM) for improvements to Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital. A ceremonial groundbreaking took place on April 18, 2023. The 25,700 square feet of new construction and renovations represent a $30 million capital investment to the health and well-being of Warsaw residents and the surrounding areas. The hospital offers a variety of quality services close to home, including emergency care, an urgent care center, heart and stroke care, orthopedics, occupational health, rehabilitation services, a sleep center, a wound care center, and a cancer care center providing chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Services will remain uninterrupted during phases of construction.
- An expanded, redesigned lobby with new public entry
- Renovations to all patient rooms, public spaces and nursing stations on the medical, surgical and intensive care units
- Updates to the hospital façade
- New campus exterior signage to enhance patient wayfinding
- Surgical services expansion and updates, including:
- Expanded pre- and post-surgical bays with three additional spaces for increased patient privacy and more room for family members to be with loved ones
- Renovation of existing operating room so surgeons can accommodate more complex cases, allowing patients to be scheduled sooner and remain close to home when surgery is needed
- Expanded sterile processing area with new technology for faster equipment sterilization