A Slice of History
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The restoration of this Richardsonian Romanesque masterpiece requires an exceptional level of expertise in the artistry and technology of the period. Our team included restoration specialists in stone masonry, decorative painting, clay tile roofing, woodwork, art glass, light fixtures, floor coverings, and wall textiles. The mansion was the private residence of John Henry Bass, a Fort Wayne industrialist, from 1902-1944. It was acquired by the University of Saint Francis in 1944. The restoration created offices for the university’s administration and provided space for an alumni and conference center.
AIA Indiana Merit Award
AIA Fort Wayne Honor Award
Indiana Landmarks Cook Cup for Outstanding Restoration Award
National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Historic Preservation Recognition Award
ARCHie Excellence in Preservation Award